Sunday, January 10, 2016

Slow Stitching Sunday: Fans and Pansies afghan

Today I've been crocheting my "Fans and Pansies" afghan.  I love how it's turning out. The metallic yarn has a nice sheen and drapes beautifully.  My daughter told me it looks like I'm making chain mail.

This photo gives an idea of how far I am. It's pretty wide but I draped it over the sides of this table. The pattern is complicated for me, so progress is slow.  I can't watch television and work on this at the same time.  Too much counting to keep track of!  Any little mistake throws the whole thing off.

Linking up today with Kathy at Kathy's Quilts.




4 comments:

  1. I must work on something simple when I watch tv too. Have fun crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found my way here, actually it was easy, I clicked the link that you left on your previous blog.

    your project is looking great. i know what you mean by counting stitches. I'm not bad when knitting, but when I crochet I am always counting, I have no choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It looks very intricate...I can see why you have to concentrate when working on it.

    ReplyDelete