Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A New Corner of the World


I started this blog, and then my world went upside-down.  Here I am in 2017; divorced, three children away at college, and I have moved home to Oregon and live in a house I just bought in a small town.  It's been a tough ride through 2016, but when all is said and done, I'm happier than I have been in a long, long time.

Most of the house is unpacked, although my sewing room is still in boxes.  Christmas and house guests and unpacking and decorating and baking took up all of December.  But I have found my embroidery supplies so I've done a few little cross stitch projects.

My days are quiet without kids around the house, and although I miss them, I treasure the quiet and solitude. I am tired.  I am ready to restart. I am grateful for good friends and good fortune.

Here's to a happy 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment